by Natasha Botkin
The full moon on July 31, 2015 will be a blue moon.
What does this mean?
It doesn’t happen very often. About once every 2.5 years. But when a single month displays two full moons within its span of days, the second full moon is known as the Blue Moon. Such is the case for July 2015 when on July 1st we saw the Full Moon, and on July 31st we will experience the 2nd Full Moon Phase, the Blue Moon.
The phrase doesn’t really signify the color of the moon, but rather it’s rare occurrence. Although the moon can take on a blue hue from atmospheric interference. The ash and soot from a volcanic eruption or wild-fire can distort the atmosphere enough to cause the moon to look blue.
Blue is the color of the fifth chakra. This is also the chakra that is associated with communication.
What are you expressing?
What kind of signals are you sending?
What’s the motivation behind your communication?
Utilize this blue-moon-moment in time to contemplate your spoken and unspoken thoughts and feelings. Be mindful of what you think and feel. The universe will answer you. Do you wish for Luna’s powerful energies to create an answer that you do not wish to receive.
The moon is associated with feminine, shadows, and silver.
- Feminine: This is the yin aspect of the feminine; if you are a female this is time for you as a woman to be in all your glory.
- Silvery: This is an ancient alchemy partner silver to be at the symbolic play of Clarity, Purification and Transition. (Ask Luna to clear what needs to be released and watch the energies create a most magical of alchemy of letting go that which no longer serves one).
- Shadows: This means going deep within. Luna is the cloaked mistress of mystery. She will help you to go deep within the crevices of your dark shadow side. This is not meant to frighten nor harm you, but help one to dive deep into the truth of who you are.
There is divine timing in everything. Divine spirit and luna energies powering up together can create a compelling movement forward and allow your soul to sparkle with delight. This is a time to go deep within, seek out those deep emotional truths and release them to those who will sweep them away. Thus creating a shiny, sparkly new you.
Moon Ritual Altar:
- Cleanse: This helps to purify yourself for the releasing of what needs to go. Water is also associated with emotions; these will be deep emotions with the full moon. This could mean a nice hot bath alone or with a special loved one or sitting near water. Or you can have a beautiful crystal bowl and fill this with water, crystals and a few flowers of your choosing.
- Dressing: Comfortable, light free-flowing clothing is idea. Whether you are forgoing this alone or as a couple dress as you would like. Now, if you wish to abstain from clothing, then be prepared for possible legal occurrences
- Objects: Candle You can use any color, as you choose; a white candle represent the purity of the divine spirit.
Poster- A nice howling wolf can help emote the lunar energies. Wolves have a symbolically magical way about them.
If you wish to go more in-depth of the full moon ritual you may prepare a meal.
- Food: For a formal ritual, you’ll need a goblet/chalice, a pitcher of wine or fruit juice, a plate or bowl with fruit, meat or cheese and crackers. Or some form of food/dessert that reflects the season when the Blue Moon occurs. I also recommend a nice piece of meditation music. Don’t forget your grimoire (a book of shadows) to record your evenings thoughts and experiences.
- This could be a grounding meditation or requesting Luna/Divine Spirit to join you as you begin, (Dear Luna and Divine Spirit may you please join me on my sacred journey for this full moon). Ancient ways have a sword being placed across a circle.
- Set Intentions: This is a full moon, so what do you wish to have cleared and released out of your life? This is an ideal time for releasing old patterns, beliefs, addictions and such.
- You can also ask for more clear communication.
- If you know a high priestess or shaman you can request them to conduct the ceremony. They can go deeper; if you know a multidimensional high priestess, lucky you!! . It is nice if you do know a high priestess or shaman. They can help conduct the energies between the spiritual and the physical. If not, then you can guide yourself with these suggestions. It is all set on intentions. There is no perfect way. No worries, if you do not have access. You can make statements as your intention. Allow this to freely flow from your heart.
- If this ritual is between you and your partner; who is representing the feminine and who is representing the masculine. As not all partnerships are male and female; so if you have a male-male, female-female partnership, it is best to seek who will represent each.
- Suggestion: The physical are the items that you will bring. If you need a spiritual mantra here is one:A Full Moon Release Ritual
What you need: pen, paper, matches, candle, two small bowls, water
If possible do this outside under the Full Moon, connecting directly with Mother Nature and the Moon’s energies.
If you cannot be outside, find a quiet place indoors.
- Clear your energy. Imagine standing under a silver waterfall and allow all negative and non-serving energies to be washed away.
- Create a sacred space. Find a quiet place to sit, declutter and clean, place crystals or other special items around you.
- Light the candle, fill one small bowl with water – place both in front of you, along with the other empty bowl.
- Take a few deep breaths, centre yourself and then begin to write on the piece of paper what you wish to release from your life, what limiting beliefs you want to be free from, what no longer serves you or what you want to let go of.
- When you have finished your list, sign and date the page.
- Breathe deep into your heart and declare “I now let this go. And it is so.” Then place one corner of the piece of paper over the candle allowing the flame to light your page (throw the page into the empty bowl as it burns) watching the flames consume what you are releasing, the smoke taking your intention to the Universe. Please note: if your piece of paper struggles to light or burn, please consider if you are really ready to let this go! Only when you are willing to let go will the page burn – the faster the flames, the more willing you are to let it go.
- Then place your hands in the bowl of water. Signifying cleansing of the old and opening to the new.
- Remove your hands from the water and take a deep breath. Sit in silence for a moment. You may want to keep your candle burning for a while as you sit,allowing inspiration to spark.
This is only a suggestion of a ritual. Use your intuition to guide you.
- Closing is saying what comes to mind. This could be a prayer, a song, what comes to your heart.
May you enjoy your beautiful full moon journey.
Much Love, Much Light and Magical Blessings,